Ready for some serious inspiration? The tricks and concepts you will see in the following small bedroom ideas for women should give you a kick start in turning them into a space that makes you feel at ease.
Making a tiny bedroom feel bigger is possible by choosing lighter shades with a neutral tint. You may also choose fabrics that are light in color so that they don’t absorb too much light from your lamps or overhead lighting fixtures.
There are so many different types of small bedroom ideas for women. Some are fun and playful, sleek and modern, or serene and calming. Or maybe you prefer something else entirely! To help you with your search, we have collected a few design ideas for small bedrooms you might want to check out.
Table of Contents
- Cozy Corner Bed for Small Spaces
- Multi-Function Cabinet
- Floating Desk
- Floating Hanging Closet
- Keep It Natural
- Loft-Bed Concept
- Go-Boho Bed
- Make your Walls Work for You
- Vintage Pink Style Bedroom
1. Cozy Corner Bed for Small Spaces
Image: My move
A cozy corner bed for small spaces with a simple and unique design that utilizes the walls and dimensions of this piece will make your bedroom warm and comfy. It can turn any room look fabulous with its unique design, you won’t find it elsewhere.
Prepare everything you need for this idea:
- Add some vintage charm furniture to your primary bedroom.
- The ultra-soft microfiber makes luxurious accent pillows or blankets for your bedroom.
- To brighten up your room, hang a few overhead lights.
2. Multi-Function Cabinet
Image: Black and blooms
When you have a small bedroom, space is the most important thing. So it’s a blessing to find furniture and other items that you can use for more than one thing. This piece of art on the wall isn’t just a picture in a frame—it’s a smart TV. When this TV is mounted on the wall, it can be switched to show a beautiful art piece that perfectly matches your decor.
You will have all you need if you follow these suggestions:
- You can put your television on and use it as a monitor.
- Find a nice piece of art and accessories to match your decor.
- In order to create a more welcoming atmosphere, you might hang some plants from the ceiling.
3. Floating desk
Who says you need a big bedroom to create your workspace? You might not have the room for a desk or a table, but that doesn’t mean you can’t complete your office space. A friendly and straightforward way to do this is by using a shelf as a wall-mounted work space. It’s not only great for smaller homes, but if you live in a small bedroom, it gives you more freedom!
Check out this incredible space-saving desk:
- Add decorative frames or photos on the wall for a more attractive look.
- When the situation calls for it, additional lighting might be added.
- Choose the size of the shelf based on your space needs
4. Floating Hanging Closet
To get the most out of your belongings and free up crucial storage space, you must bravely venture into your closet. You’ve probably seen those shelves that help you put bags and accessories where they belong. But there’s a new contender that can store even more: the floating hanging closet system.
You’ll have everything you need for this idea:
- Paint it with a dark color, like blue, that matches the texture of the room.
- Find some wood that you can easily attach to studs in the wall or flat surfaces.
- You can accessorize your wardrobe with shelving, drawers, and much more.
5. Keep It Neutral
Image: My domaine
We can’t resist a white, bright, and light-filled room, no matter how big or small it is. The natural light, airy curtains, and neutral color scheme in this small bedroom make it feel very relaxing. Also, white is thought to be the best color to use when you want to make a room look bigger, which can’t hurt in a small room.
With these ideas, you’ll have everything you need:
- Feel free to play around with the room’s colors and textures.
- Create a static atmosphere by hanging several large picture frames on the wall.
- Use curtains that let in light and air.
- Hanging lampshades are also a nice touch.
6. Loft-Bed Concept
If you want ideas for a small bedroom and still want yourself to have a bed to sleep on, then why not consider a loft bed? This type of bed is perfect for smaller rooms. If starting with a loft bed isn’t quite the look you were going for, don’t worry. The procedures and treatments recommended can help you improve your visual appeal.
Here are some ideas that you need:
- You can keep stuff in the space underneath the bed if you want to.
- Select neutral colors like white paint and materials that are still pleasing to the eye.
- Choose some add-ons to your loft bed, such as a ladder and a desk, if you need that space for studying.
7. Go Boho Bed
Image: Sarah Sherman Samuel
Bohemian design elements, such as a rattan bed and a patterned rug, are a great way to add personality to a small space without filling it up with many decors. The bed, carpet, and pendant light are all this small room needs to look stylish and complete.
This idea will provide you with everything you need:
- Add personality to a small space without filling it up with many decors.
- Use outstanding design elements to make a room look stylish, like rattan pillows, blankets, and even boho accessories decor in a small bedroom.
- For a more elegant appearance, place a small table with plants on either side of the couch.
8. Make Your Walls Work for You
Image: Afro bohemian living
No space for a bookshelf in your home? No issue. When you don’t have room for another piece of furniture but still want to display your book collection, mounting a floating shelf on the wall and stacking your books is a great solution that looks effortlessly sophisticated.
The following suggestions will supply you with all you need:
- Stack your books for a modern look.
- Find a good place on the wall and begin building the bookshelf beside your bed.
- Add decorative accents like indents or a contrasting paint color around the edges of the shelves or boards on the side or bottom.
9. Vintage Pink Style Bedroom
Image: Anne Sage
You can still make the most of the available area, even if there isn’t much of it. As an accent wall, a mural or some decorative wallpaper can be paired with a bold piece of furniture, like the leather headboard in this bedroom, to make a design that stands out.
You will find all you need in the following recommendations:
- Hanging lamps and wooden tables on each side will add a dash of elegance.
- To add color, use an accent wall, a mural, or another type of wallpaper.
- Match it with a bold piece of furniture, and dark soft pillows in this bedroom.
Different ideas for decorating small bedrooms for women include an effective color scheme, pictures, art, and others. These suggestions, including the right accessories, rugs, and curtains, can help transform a small bedroom into a warm, cozy, and stylish room you will be glad to call your own.
Want some more? Visit Guy About Home.