For most people, bedroom cleaning is actually quite easy for a chore. But knowing some cleaning tips make things much easier and hassle-free.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to the best blogger Guy About Home who offers the best garden and home improvement tips! If you are a home decor and design fan, don't miss the tips on home ideas. If you are a home garden owner, then you might be interest in our complete guides to house plants!
If you’re the kind of person who wants things to be easy, especially when it comes to cleaning, then this article is definitely for you! We’ll be talking a lot about bedroom cleaning tips you probably haven’t done or heard of.
Some of these tips include closet organization tips, pillows and pillow cases, tips on cleaning mattresses, comforter, as well as removing stains of make-up, and a whole lot more!
If you want to learn more, let’s dive in!
Bedroom Cleaning Tips
We all know that a comfortable and clean bedroom is crucial for maintaining overall wellbeing and of course to have a nice sleep. The following bedroom cleaning tips here will aid you to keep your bedroom as tidy and neat as possible so you can easily fall asleep and wake up energized.
Closet Organization Tips
Let’s start first with cleaning and organizing your closet.
Because people’s closet comes with different carrying capacities, sizes, and layouts you’ll notice that there are just too many organization tips out there. So in order to make things easier for you, we’d like to share with you these closet organization tips:
- First is to never neglect the spot behind your closet door if the door stays open all the time.
- Next is to install hooks on your shoe organizer or closet doors to take advantage of that unused spot.
- You can also put more than one closet rod to double the space of where you’re hanging your clothes.
- And lastly, try using storage crates that pile to make use of the unused vertical space.
- You shouldn’t neglect the spot behind a closet door if the door keeps open all the time
Tips on Washing a Pillow
For all we know, pillowcases won’t be able to maintain our pillows clean for a long period of time.
And unfortunately, there are instances where we just shove our faces directly to that soft comfy pillow after a tiring long day at work without even washing our face. This is most likely the primary reason of our pillows’ untidiness.
So to help you, here’s what you want to do:
- Take of the pillowcase from the pillow. And while doing this, make sure not to scrub or touch any stain on it.
- Now if there are any dry dirt, try using your fingernail or any similar shape to scrape that debris.
- The next thing you want to do is turn the pillowcase inside and out then flush the backside of the stain using cold water.
- Turn the pillowcase over and mop up the stain with a clean dry cloth.
- Next is to put a little amount of dish soap directly to the stain.
- Try using your fingers to lather the soap on the stain. If it’s a persisting stain, try resorting to an old toothbrush and scrub the fabric thoroughly in a circular motion.
- Let the mixture of water and soap do the rest by sitting the mixture for up to 20 minutes.
- Absorb the soapy foam using a stain remover pre-treatment, and toss your pillowcases in the washing machine.
- And lastly, air-dry it to prevent any kinds of molds from appearing.
Tips on Cleaning your Mattresses
Deep clean and deodorize the mattress in order to prolong its life and also to get rid of the contaminants. Maintaining your mattress is also particularly crucial if you suffer from allergies.
That said, here’s how you want to clean your mattress:
- Keep all bed sheets, pillows, and blankets aside.
- If you can, it’s preferable to move the mattress outside.
- Get your vacuum hose to eliminate any dirt or debris. If you don’t have any vacuum, you can manually do this with a reliable broom.
- Then spread baking soda all over your mattress and allow it to sit for around twenty minutes.
- Use your vacuum once again to collect the baking soda.
- The next thing you want to do is to get a wet sponge and a mild cleaning solution to thoroughly wipe down your mattress.
- And lastly, allow the mattress to dry by either air-drying it or dragging it out into the sunny part of your house.
Now let’s talk about how to eliminate the smell from your mattress.
If you want to get rid of any foul odor, just spread some baking soda over your mattress. Allow the baking soda to sit on the mattress for a couple of hours before vacuuming it for extra effectiveness.
After removing the baking soda, make the mattress sit outside and allow the sunshine and fresh air to get rid of any excess smell. Ultraviolet light eliminates bacteria so you must lay your mattress under the sun. Don’t forget to give your mattress a couple of whacks every single time to remove excess dust.
But sometimes, the smell is not the problem but the stain.
If this is your problem, then simply make a mixture of dish soap and hydrogen peroxide to get rid of that stubborn stains.
Here are the steps:
- Fill a bowl with one tablespoon of dish soap and two cups of hydrogen peroxide and combine well.
- Get a sponge to apply the mixture directly on the stains. Make sure to let the mixture work for a couple of minutes then scrub the stains using a damp cloth.
Tips on Washing a Comforter
Are you aware that you must wash your comforter at least 4 times per year?
Compare your pillowcases and bed sheets that need to be washed each week, a comforter doesn’t really need regular cleanings. Cleaning the comforter at least four times a year is actually enough to preclude dead skin cells and dirt from accumulating.
What’s the Ideal Way to Clean Your Comforter?
Before cleaning, make sure that you know whether your comforter is filled with synthetic materials or feathers. After knowing what’s inside, look for a tag that mentions what’s the right detergent to use and whether it can be washed through the machine.
If your comforter is stuffed with feathers, it’s advisable to use a down-safe detergent because feathers are quite delicate. On the other hand, you can use any of your favorite laundry detergents for synthetic filling.
If ever you don’t possess any front-loading washing machine or even just a small washer then a Laundromat will be good enough. In fact, it could preclude damage to the washer and dryer.
Here are step-by-step instructions:
- Take off the duvet cover.
- Put the comforter into the right size of a front-loading washing machine you can find.
- Only use enough amount of detergent since using more than this might leave a residue on the synthetic or the feathers.
- Set the washer on the gentle or delicate cycle. Make sure to choose the extra rinse to prevent foul smell.
- After the wash and extra rinse cycle are done, just load the damp comforter into the right size of the dryer available. Just keep in mind that comforter tends to get super heavy when it’s wet so just throw it back again on the washer for an extra spin cycle to get rid of excess water.
- And lastly, completely dry your comforter. Remember that even if your comforter looks dry, it’s crucial that the synthetic filling or the feathers are also well-dry to preclude mold growth. It’s also advisable to remove the comforter from the dryer every half an hour in order to evenly distribute the feathers inside and disintegrate any clumps.
How to Keep Your Comforter Clean
Maintaining your comforter clean is pretty easy. You just need to wash its duvet cover every time you change the bed sheets.
However, if you don’t have a duvet cover yet, purchasing one is a smart choice to maintain your comforter clean between every scheduled cleaning. If you don’t do this, you might end up with more frequent cleaning.
Because we usually spend a significant amount of time in the bedroom especially when sleeping, try to at least provide yourself with a clean room to relax.
Just imagine waking up to an untidy bedroom, you think it would be the best way to start your day? Heck no!
In addition to that, there’s actually a good reason why your mom would always tell you to arrange your bed every morning. See, research shows that this little task sets your pace for the day ahead in order to have a productive day.
Well, that sums it up. How about you? Do you have some awesome bedroom cleaning tips that we weren’t able to mention? If yes, then make sure to drop down a comment below and we’ll get back to you.
For more amazing ideas you can have, visit Guy About Home today or you can check the related blogs: