A lot of us spend most of our time in the bedroom, so why don’t keep it clean all the time?
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to the best blogger Guy About Home who offers the best garden and home improvement tips! If you are a home decor and design fan, don't miss the tips on home ideas. If you are a home garden owner, then you might be interest in our complete guides to house plants!
You see, an organized and clean bedroom can not only enhance your mood, but it can actually also boost your productivity. You’re probably thinking that maintaining your bedroom in top-notch shape is a daunting chore, but it’s not.
If you know how to maintain the room neat, you will never need to spend hours of cleaning up a huge mess each weekend. In fact, your weekly and monthly cleaning chore will become significantly manageable.
Well, without further ado, let’s see how to make our bedrooms cleaner and organized with the checklist we’ll be sharing with you. Read on!
1.) Gathering the Cleaning Tools
You won’t be able to start unless you’ve got tools on standby. Again, we want to make things organized and smoother so this first step shouldn’t be neglected.
Here are the things you’ll need:
- Vacuum cleaner
- Glass cleaner
- Furniture polish
- Duster (a long-handled one is preferable)
- Lysol wipes
- Micro-fiber cleaning cloths
- Basket or box for segregating and collecting items
- Garbage bin or bag
- A clean scarf or a dust mask
2.) Uncluttering the Bedroom
Organize your bedroom by picking up your stuff on the ground. As for the dirty clothes, throw them into the hamper then fold and arrange your clean clothing.
Gather up items that don’t belong from your bedroom and put them in a basket or box. Make sure to place them in their respective places after cleaning.
In addition, to make things neater, it’s better to get rid of anything from the bedroom that you no longer use or love.
3.) Throwing Out the Trash
Get the garbage bag out of the trash bin and clean the bin with warm soapy water. Rinse and allow it to dry.
To maintain the cleanliness of the trash bin, make sure to line it up with a quality plastic bag.
4.) Cleaning Linens
Remove the bed sheets and get the curtains down. Wash the curtains and sheets while you’re cleaning up.
If the linens can’t be laundered, set them aside first and take them to the dry cleaner afterwards.
5.) Clean the Furniture
Before proceeding to the furniture part, it’s better to remove first your picture frames from the walls, and then start dusting the bedroom from top to bottom. It is also ideal to work in one direction all the way around.
Clean the baseboards, corners, walls, windows, ceiling fan, light fixtures, crown molding, and of course the ceiling. For hard-to-reach spots, you can use a long-handled duster or improvised one.
As for your picture frames, use a micro-fiber cloth for cleaning them. After dusting, spray all-purpose cleaner onto the cloth and wipe down your frames.
After the picture frames, proceed on the mirrors and windows with the same cloth and cleaner then followed by decorative items and any other glass surfaces.
Of course, you don’t want to neglect your lamp shade; what you want to do is clean the base and the bulbs. In this case, it’s preferable to use a damp cloth to clean door handles and light switches.
And for the last part, use another furniture polish and micro-fiber cloth to clean the wooden furniture.
6.) Cleaning the Mattress
Mattresses can be a breeding ground for bed bugs and dust mites. And little did you know your mattress has actually bodily fluids in it like blood, urine, and sweat. This is pretty gross.
Now if you’re planning to deep clean your mattress, here’s what you want to do:
- Strip the linens of the bed and launder them. But remember that you should check first the manufacturer’s label and instructions before washing them. It is common to use hot water and dryer heat when washing bed linens; this is to ensure that dust mites will get terminated.
- You can also use the upholstery tool on your vacuum to collect debris and dust. You must pay good attention to the crevices and seams since certain debris can accumulate up there. If you want to make things easier, you can switch to your vacuum’s crevice attachment. Make sure that the vacuum attachments are clean before using them on your bed cleaning.
Remember these tips when cleaning your mattress:
- When dealing with mattress stains, you shouldn’t ever use hot water because if you use one, it will make stain even harder to get rid of.
- You shouldn’t ever drench your mattress and make sure that it’s entirely dry to prevent going of mold.
7.) Cleaning the Bedroom Floors
If your floors have carpets on, you should sprinkle baking soda on them, and allow the substance to sit for a couple of hours in order to absorb nasty odor. After waiting, use your vacuum to clean the sprinkled baking soda and any dust along with it.
Now if you don’t have any carpet, just mop the floors and vacuum afterwards.
When cleaning the floors, make sure to target behind and under furniture as much as possible. For effective floor cleaning, you must use the crevice tool found on the vacuum to get rid of any accumulated dust along the baseboards.
8.) Final Polishing
As for the last step, make the bed, hang the curtains, and replace your garbage can. For better ambiance, get an air freshener and spread it all over the bedroom.
After cleaning your bedroom, get basket where you placed your unused items and put them back on their respective places.
Bedroom-Cleaning Schedule for Easier Cleaning
Every day for 5 minutes
- Place your worn clothes back in the closet; hang them up, or in the hamper. This would take around 1 minute.
- Maintain your desk neat by putting items to their appropriate locations. This would only take 30 seconds.
- Throw away garbage into its designated location which only takes about 10 seconds.
- For 2 minutes, do your bed as soon as you wake up.
Every week for about 15 minutes
- Spare 5 minutes to wash your bedding. Just put it in the washer and leave allow it to get some deep washing.
- It’s usually advisable to vacuum carpets at least once per week. This task would only take around 5 to 10 minutes.
- You will be surprised by how much clean a window or mirror can brighten up the whole bedroom. So make sure to spend at least 2 minutes for wiping down your windows and mirrors.
- And lastly, empty the trash can for about 30 seconds.
Every month for about 30 minutes
- The first thing you’d want to do every month is to throw away your clutter. If you’ve got some clothes that you don’t really wear anymore, you can recycle resell them, or just donate them.
- Rearranging your desk, closet, drawers, and bookshelf will be very advantageous because you’ll be able to find things easily if they’re organized, not to mention that you’ll make less mess this way.
- And lastly, wash your heavy curtains. But before doing it, make sure to verify their directions for washing, drying, and ironing instructions.
Bedrooms are important. It’s the part of the house where we usually spend long hours of relaxation and sleep. In fact, some people stay in their bedroom for an entire day or two!
This is the very reason why we should take care of our bedroom. We want to relax and not just to get some ailments due to uncleanliness.
But there are just some individuals who found bathroom cleaning a daunting task, and would just let nature do its thing. Unfortunately, this kind of mentality won’t just do because sooner or later, you’ll see the unpleasant results of your untidiness.
It’s important to maintain a clean environment, but if you want to ensure your house stays clean and tidy, consider hiring a cleaning services from Absolute Domestics and let the experts handle it while you can relax.
How about you? Do you have something in mind that we forgot to mention or must be included in our checklist? If so, please drop down a comment below and we’ll get back to as soon as possible!
For more amazing ideas you can have, visit Guy About Home today or you can check the related blogs: