Monstera Siltepecana is very easy to care for as it overgrows and is less expensive than other uncommon plants. This variety of monstera plants does not have holes in the foliage in juvenile form. It has dark green veins on its leaves with silver patches, which makes it quite attractive.
Monstera Siltepecana Mature plant is under
Family- Araceae ( the calla family). This family has more than 60 species. Its maturity of species is native to the tropical region of America. The term of this species name is derived from the Latin word Monstrous, meaning abnormal or gigantic.
Genus- ‘Monstera’ these plants are evergreen or herbaceous vines. Many of them are popular indoor plants.
How to care for Monstera Siltepecana
For lighting, it can handle low light, but it would prefer having a brighter light with no direct sun; it’s practically seen that plant grown in more brilliant indirect light has bigger gorgeous leaves and grows faster than the plant grown in medium light. Generally, place them in brighter indirect sunlight just to grow a little quicker. Still, this plant can handle from brighter to the shady side, so ever you place it in a bit of lower lightroom still it’s going to perform very well, but just don’t expect it to boost with growth.
These are not sensitive to specific temperatures but grows better in 13 0 C (550 F) to 29 0 C (850 F)
It is a tropical species, so it definitely appreciates regular moisture, but it is too defined by epiphytic veins. They’ll grow in the wild as an exposed vein; they soak water from rain and then dry from Sun, so matching the water cycle at home can give good results.
You don’t have to be super exact with your water schedule, but just like giving it a proper light, it will benefit the plant in the end. Generally, it is watered once a week but when you give water several times a week, make sure that all soil is moist. Also, make sure to have drainage holes in your pot to release excess water. Yellow leaves are usually a sign of overwatering.
Generally, this plant needs fertilizer once a month, but if you forget to fertilize for two months, it won’t affect the plant. Its often advised giving fertilizer regularly so that the plant grows a little quicker. The water-soluble liquid fertiliser gives good results to this plant.
Cutting or trimming
Trimming is not actually for reshaping plants. It also helps them to have new shoots. After cut, put the plant on the ground so that plant can root out towards the soil. Always cut between the nodes.
Start with little care required for this gorgeous plant; after more humidity, this start making chunky aerial roots that should be chopped, so grab a clean pair of scissors freshly washed and cut the veins as close to the node as possible. Then, you can propagate the section you have cut.
How to Propagate Monstera Siltepecana
This plant is super easy to propagate. It can be propagated in two ways mentioned below-
The very first is water propagation. All you need to do is just get some tip Monstera Siltepecana cutting in spring and early summer and then find out the nodes which is a root and give it a cut put it in the water and let them grow, change the water once a week if your plant is turning to black color that means it has to change the water because the same thing happens when water is dirty.
The next type of propagation is soil propagation. Before transferring the cutting of the plant into the soil, one should try to make the cutting develop the root quite long enough so that it can adjust on soil a little more quickly then dip the bottom of the stem in and place it in a propagator or put half of the soil. In 6-8 weeks, cutting will take roots.
If they are epiphytic growers, they will do better in chunkier or maybe well-aerated mix too, a mixture which let roots breath properly and comfortably, you can prepare typical coco coir based aroid mix, it will grow in garden soil too, the mixture must be moist, humus richer but will easily adapt to most Indoor conditions It’s important to note that don’t let the soil completely dry out between watering sessions, keep a little moist always.
The humidity level must be 60-90%. Infect most of Monstera except Monstera oblique do relatively better in an average humid environment. They show signs when they are dried out. You can follow various methods to add humid climate and If your house is in a low humidity place, add a humidifier around it or mist the leaves regularly, or you can put the plant in the bathroom as long as they get indirect light or fill it with water to provide moisture. You will notice healthy growth in your plant very quickly if it’s given optimal temperature, moisture, water, and light. One can easily take care of Monstera; Afterall its beauty deserves attention and your time.
Monstera presents a broad spectrum of what’s called Monstera Siltepecana Fenestration depending on species. Juvenile Monstera looks utterly different from its mature phase. One can say Monstera leaves quite the double life. Although it’s not at all a difficult plant to keep, it is super easy to grow. Monstera fenestration does take several years to appear when grown as a mature plant; one needs some patience. The picture below shows the fenestration of the plant.
Bunning of Monstera is more expensive online than some of the other stores also, the plant is kept in really, really nice condition as if they must have just recently got a shipment. Monstera Siltepecana Bunnings is the leading retailer of home and Lifestyle products for consumers by commercial consumers in Australia and New Zealand. They are the major leading supplier of the housing industry, their store made up of many large warehouses Store, frame and trade centers, etc. they serve online, and physical store in Australia the do have lowest price policy include in GST and delivery charges.
GROWTH HABIT OF MONSTERA
It is a unique plant as it has two different types of appearances in its life, the plant gets different, and two stages ever make the plant look like another species. It takes almost 2-3 years and appropriate condition for the plant to reach its adult face.
Firstly, one can see the different shapes of leaves during the stages of life. The juvenile stage has beautiful elongated simple silver leaves with dark green veins, which are very well defined. These leaves are long and wide, whereas in the adult phase, leaves are larger in size and darker in color, and yes, they show holes and splitting of leaves process called fenestration.
Secondly, this state of growth is Seemed to be different. The Juvenile plants show Terrestrial growth, whereas the mature one shows epiphytic climber. In the wild, they grow from the tree’s base and keep climbing so quickly until they reach the top. Indoor environments need support and optimum condition to grow. In the absence of support that doesn’t turn into mature plants ever, do they require caring and maintenance?
Mature Monstera Siltepecana
If this plant is given and enough space to grow Epiphytically as an indoor plant, it may slowly turn into its longer version that is mature with respective characteristics like holey Green Leaves, large size leaves up to 4-6 inch and a maximum of them lose the Silver colouring in this process.
Monstera Siltepecana varieties
There are 48 species of Monster, but very few can be seen in today’s nursery.
- Monstera deliciosa – It is also known as the Swiss cheese plant; it has large heart-shaped leaves. While browsing, you might come across Monstera Borsigiana and monstera Pertusum too, but apparently, both monstera Deliciosa was used in Mexico to relieve arthritis and was also used to care for snake bites, it indirectly served as a medicinal plant, other well known medicinal plants used to maintain blood sugar level and cholesterol in the human body is LONGEVITY SPINACH which is native to China-South Asia and Africa, it’s very effective when eaten in raw form.
- Monstera Adansonii- It is also known as a Swiss cheese vine easy growing plant and is a good starting point for new plant parents.
- Monstera oblique – It is much more expensive. It gets more holes in a lot fewer plants. It is a fragile plant.
- Monstera Dubia– It is a fascinating plant with pretty little shingling veins. It is flat to the surface. It is such a beautiful plant shown below
- Monstera Standleyyana- It doesn’t form fenestration, so it does not transform as much as it grows or matures. So they don’t even create holes.
There are more such varieties of Monstera Siltepecana.
- Mini Monstera (Rhaphidophora Tetrasperma) – This plant looks like Monstera species, but it’s not technically the species of Monstera but it’s probably noticed this plant looks like a smaller version of Monstera with similar holey leaves characteristics.
- Monstera Karstenianum – This species never show fenestration, and it has waxy leaves, as shown in the picture.Source: Pinterest
8. Monstera Acuminata – It is said to be a smaller cousin of Monstera Adansonii. They both look almost similar in their juvenile stage, shown in the picture below.
9. Monstera Subpinnata – This species of Monster is so rare it shows split-leaf fenestration, which sets its beauty to the next level they are so beautiful.
SIGNS SHOWING YOUR MONSTERA NEEDS MORE LIGHT
This is pretty obvious that to keep any plant healthy; you need to provide it with an appropriate amount of light. Monstera grows in bright indirect sunlight will usually be happiest where sun rays don’t Shine directly on the leaves. For example, you can keep your Monstera in an east-facing window or near a south-facing window. If your beautiful Monstera isn’t getting enough light, it will indirectly show some noticeable symptoms.
- If its leaves are not splitting and if it is more than three years old, it should have started some fenestration or splits into leaves. It is the most iconic feature of Monstera, and if it does not show splitting, it might need more light. The hole-less mature leaves indicate that your plant would be happier with more light.
- Your plant needs more light if the soil takes more time than often to dry out as they need a moderate amount of water, but they don’t like wet roots; one should water them when the top two layers of soil feel dry touch. The bright indirect light helps your Monstera use water efficiently but in low light supplied, the soil can stay wet for far longer than and is healthy for roots if you skip watering for more than ten. Still, it’s days, and it is the soil that still finds to be wet, then you must check the amount of light and your plant more light than before and adjust the amount of water you give to your plant.
- One can see the discoloration of leaves; it directly indicates that your plant will be healthy in some more light. The plant shows dark brown or yellow spots on the Leaves. There can be another reason for discoloration and yellow leaves; you might probably giving your plant too much water. Light and overwatering issues often go similar because soil cannot dry out in low light conditions. If adjusting the amount of water you give to your plant does not fix the coloration of leaves, then you must keep your plant brighter in direct sunlight. It will surely improve the declaration and yellowing leaves of your plant.
- If your plant is growing slowly, it might crave some more light. When you notice that your plant is not growing more significantly as per its age or not giving new leaves for few months. Especially during the color season, that is Spring or summer; you should increase the amount of light. Thus, it can produce energy through the process of photosynthesis to support that new growth.
- Another well-known problem is – what if the plant parent’s house isn’t light enough? Try to find the right spot for your plants, where they can consume plenty of Sunlight. Never burn them indirect light. Always grow a healthy MONSTERA no matter what lighting conditions are; you have to fix the Mini problems.
- One needs to maintain air pressure around it as leaves are feeble. Keep away your plant from direct exposure to air pressure like air conditioners, fans, or heaters. Many people find plants getting unhealthy. This can be a reason they must be keeping high air pressure around it.
WHERE TO BUY MONSTERA
We all love to decors our home, workplace with fascinating and beautiful plants, and the Monstera adds so much to it. Well, one can purchase from a terrarium plant store or the marketplace.
One can browse it on an online shopping application at affordable Monstera Siltepecana price depends on the variety. Thus, the online store serves many fascinating plants like Trachyandra Tortilis; it is such a unique-looking succulent plant with beautiful curly leaves fresh green color species of South Africa. Another beautiful succulent plant on my list is Hoya Pubicalyx; it is a flowering plant native to the Philippines and grows elliptical. Longevity Spinach is also a kind of plan that you can find online easily.
You must have a question about ‘where I can buy Variegated Monstera.’ You can find it online but seeing this type can be quite a tough challenge and expensive. Authentic nursery sales variegated Monstera if you want to buy you should be prepared for its cost as it is the variegated version; they are rare and expensive because it takes a lot of skills and time to grow this plant. The demands are high, and productivity is low, which made them expensive.
The plants really add so much to your beautiful house; one should bring a piece of nature to their living place or workplace. If you are dealing with rare or uncommon plants for the first time, then it’s the right choice. It has a beautiful veins pattern of leaves and nice embossing. To nurture, this plant needs the support of something to climb or it can also be hanged freely. This variety of monstera plants does not have holes on the foliage in juvenile form but it has a beautiful deep green colour vein and a slightly silvery colour on top. It is also known as the Swiss cheese plant because mature leaves of Monstera do contain holes that somewhat looks like holes in Swiss cheese. For more information about Monstera Siltepecana, click here.